Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Whoa, what happened?

It's totally my fault, I was next to blog and that was over a month ago. What happened? Actually, nothing really... and I think that's why I lost complete umph to blog. I was doing what we had planned and I didn't really have anything to update! No new recipes, no new work outs and no more things I had planned to remove from my diet. I went to blog and all I saw was a blank window with nothing to fill in. Thats what happened. After a few sweet comments on IG asking why we haven't posted, it made me slice out time to JUST DO IT tonight.

Some updates!?

Couch to 5k - Still going! I have 9 runs left and I will have finished the program! I have gotten behind more then I would like but, because of Brianne's accountability aka nagging, I am still going! People listen to me now.... it was so hard for me to run 2 minutes straight when I started and my last run was 22 minutes straight. 22 minutes!!!! That's a miracle in my book. Let me be clear though, I still hate running. I find it very boring, but it works. I sweat hard and feel good. It's a total mental battle for me and sometimes I'm fighting the mental battle every second of my run. I really like working through that though, I feel like I'm learning discipline every time I don't give up.

before and after running in my hot garage
I sweat....a LOT

Ya know, I don't think I'll ever have a drastic before and after story. Maybe I'm a bit too lazy, stubborn, lack the discipline or don't value a goal enough. It seems i'll always be right in the middle of that tension of wanting to strive for something, taking 2 steps forward than one step back due to whatever reason. I don't find that a very inspiring thing, but to be honest, thats just where I picture me always being. I don't think that is a failure though either. I've changed so much already and my family is eating the healthiest we ever had, I'm still exercising, still sticking with my eating changes and taking my supplements. I guess at times I crave that drastic change but I don't think I have it in me to do what it takes. So I'm somewhere in the middle :)

Any of you still doing Couchto5k? Finished already? What did you think!?


Kristin

3 comments:

  1. I just started couch to 5k too. I have not run since 10th grade. So it's been over 20 years and it feels like I need a sports bra for my entire body. Hsha. I also didn't think I would be so sore now that I am in week 2. Were you sore for a bit into it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Started it, injured back and knee, gave up. Hmph. I desperately wanted to be good at this! But knowing that it is possible, (and admitting that it'll take a bit more than just a new pair of trainers and the naive/unrealistic vision I had of the professional runner I wanted to be!) So here's my second attempt. This time, I have signed up for a 10K charity run, people will be sponsoring me, and I have no choice but to do it. Perhaps having a goal is what I need since I too am rather lenient with my self discipline... No excuses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! I truly really like how it really is easy on my eyes it truly is. I’m wondering how I could be notified whenever a new post has been made. I’ve subscribed to your feed which could do the trick? Have a nice day!Go Helper

    ReplyDelete