Tuesday, February 25, 2014

GP's Old Bay Ranch Recipe

I realize I'm posting another Gwyneth Paltrow recipe but that is for one very good reason… it's the only healthy cookbook I own.  Actually I take that back, I just bought Agains All Grain but I haven't actually cooked anything from it yet.  Back to GP's Old Bay Ranch Dressing, this isn't a traditional flavored ranch, to me it's more garlic-y and works best as a dip.  I had been wanting to try this recipe since I first got her cookbook last year but could never get my hands on Old Bay seasoning.  Well apparently I had been looking in the wrong section because at my grocery store they keep it near the seafood section and not in the spice section.  Go figure?  About a month ago I was at a friend's house for our monthly homeschooling meeting and she made this for the group, it was love at first bite!  Thick and creamy with tons of garlic, what more could you ask for!  


Gwyneth Paltrow's Old Bay Ranch Dressing
adapted from It's All Good

1/2 cup Vegenaise (I used Greek yogurt instead)
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
1 garlic clove, finely minced (I used 2)
1 tablespoon finely chopped chives (I didn't have any!)


Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir together.
Keeps well in a jar in the fridge for up to a week.

This is where I'd add the photo I took earlier with the veggies I had to go along with it but when I took my photo to the Apple store earlier this evening they reset my phone and the image was lost.  No biggie, you get the idea.  Give it a try, it's really tasty and perfect for dipping veggies. 

-Brianne

No comments:

Post a Comment