Thursday, February 13, 2014

It’s not fun anymore...



We have been changing our habits for almost 2 months now. Just like with most things in life...it’s fun to start! There was an excitement in the beginning, got our little blog going, cleaned out our cupboards, read books and started our exercising. We have had some real accomplishments over the last two months to be stoked about, that is for sure, but it’s just not that fun anymore. The real tough bit of keeping going after the excitement has worn off is just that....tough. 

We have lost weight, we have felt results in our bodies, muscles and minds. We have created new habits and given up a lot of bad ones. There is a ton to be happy about and celebrate. A lot of good has come from this, for us and our families and that is awesome. 

But, it's still not fun anymore. I started loving salads again, got excited, then started hating them again. Same with working out, I thought I hit a stride and got over the hill of hating it, but then it came back. Up and down. We love to blog, then loose the desire to blog. Highs and lows. I know this must sound like a big complaint, maybe it is, but I’m just trying to be honest about how this journey has been for me...us. We are so grateful we started this and all the good that has and will come of it, but it’s tough. Certain things have gotten easier, that is true, but overall it still feels like a slow battle to keep these habits in place. Slow and steady is not always the most fun route but its the one we are on. 

With all that said, I must admit I’m incredibly encouraged that we are still going. We have committed to a certain period of time to journal this adventure and we are sticking to it. Even if Brianne and I are the only ones reading this blog, we press on even when we don’t desire to. We hate it most the time but we are still working out 5 times a week with rare exceptions. We still get crazy cravings for a candy, a box of cookies or full loaf of bread smothered in butter...but we resist with few treats here and there. We still hardly ever go through drive thru’s and are still cooking healthy meals at home. I’m still learning to cook and we both are still off of caffeine and taking our supplements!

So, its NOT fun anymore. The hype is over ... but we are still truck’n along and trying to push through the lows. Not giving up when things loose excitement and feel hard is something I always want to refine and mature in. I’m grateful this adventure is doing just that. I’m doubly grateful to be doing this with Brianne..she is the perfect balance of understanding and accountability I could ever ask for. 

 If you're right where we are, don't give up! 
If you haven't started yet... START!



Kristin

5 comments:

  1. I get really encouraged reading your blog! Started reading it a few weeks ago, but never got around to post a comment. But it seems like you're doing amazing, even if you get your ups and downs. And you sure are inspiring, you got me and my husband doing the plank every evening! So I just wanted to send some encouragement back, and thank you that you are letting people know about your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya loud and clear. I am currently going through something that is not longer fun, and I want to drop it like its hot. I have to keep moving forward, but it nice to know I'm not alone. Keep going, brave heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading! I am also struggling to stay motivated, wanting to be at the fitness level I was many years ago. I tell myself that the frustration I feel now is nothing compared to how I would feel if I gave up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep writing, we're reading! It's very rare to find an honest, realistic blog when it comes to health and fitness. You are real, hard working women with achievable goals and I'm so thankful someone is being sensible about their approach to being healthier. I'm inspired, and will continue to read and be motivated by your stories. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ladies!! i am always reading and i've loved your blog. you've inspired me to get into shape and try to hang with it. i love how honest you've been with it, it's made me try to keep it real (you know, creating my own private IG account). keep going!!! -josie h.

    ReplyDelete