Thursday, March 6, 2014

Cake? Yes please, it's a special occasion!!

When I set out on this journey of new healthy habits I always wanted to give room for having treats! I told myself, I will only have treats on "special occasions". I am learning very quickly I need to redefine what that means. I started to find myself in a very consistent flow of these "special occasions". 

My sister is visiting = special occasion = eating nachos
I'm in a really neat book store = special occasion = rice crispy treat
I'm on a road trip = special occasion = licorice
I'm babysitting...
I'm meeting an old friend...

See what I mean? 

I will still have treats BUT clearly I need to change what qualifies this treat allowing event! It seemed like every little fun, slightly out of the norm, thing that came up was starting to be a "special occasion" and BOOM I was eating greasy and sugary foods. 

So, once I again I need to step back and reevaluate this. I need to remind myself that all those treats add up and aren't helping my overall goal of keeping greasy and sugary foods to a minimum so I can help my body do its thing to heal itself. 

I mean, come on, at the rate I was going....I might have called tying my shoe a special occasion and treated myself to chili fries smothered in ranch. 




On a less depressing note I made some super healthy and yummy pancakes this week. I follow a feed on Instagram called Eating_Whole and that is where I got the recipe! 

Makes 5 pancakes:

1 large ripe banana (mashed)
2 eggs
1 pinch of baking powder
1 tablespoon of Chai Seeds
1 tablespoon of Flaxseed Meal
1/4 cup of cottage cheese ( can't taste )
Lots of cinnamon

Use a bit of coconut oil on the pan before each pancake, medium heat


-Kristin

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this blog. It is honest and inspiring. I am on a journey to loose weight and eat healthy...I have fallen off the wagon many times and I found out about myself, that I need a strict diet. I cannot have treats, it is too hard to go back to healthy eating once I have them. It makes me sad but it doesn´t seem to work any other way for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! :) Yeah, we all need to understand what works best for us! Best of luck!

      Delete