Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A Bit About Us - Question & Answer

Q. What is your favorite food?
Kristin
A. Pasta with bread and way too much butter..oh and cheese. 

Brianne
A. I love food, good food that is, so it's hard to pick a favorite. Top 3 would probably be fresh bread, cheese, and pumpkin pie (tis the season!).

Q. Why with her?
Kristin
A. Brianne can practically read my mind and she has this way about her where she can say almost anything to me and it doesn't rub me wrong. She is excellent at making fun of me and for some reason I laugh right along with her about it. SO between us sharing a lot of the same struggles with bad habits, some health concerns and the ability to laugh at and with each other, she's a great person to go through this with. 

Brianne
A. We're a good match for something like this. We really do have such similar struggles and the same desire to make changes that will better our bodies. And we're both kinda clueless on what it will take to actually make us stick with it. 

Q. Do you exercise?
Kristin
A. Does the occasional dance party while driving count? If not, then no. 

Brianne
A. Currently? Um, nope. 

Q.What is your favorite music right now?
Kristin
A.  Favs in my iPod are Ben Howard, The Lumineers, Of Mosters and Men and “The Drive” soundtrack. 

Brianne
A. I'm horrible at actually putting music on my phone but right now I have the Of Monsters and Men album, Dolly Parton's Jolene, and a few songs from the musical Annie for my girls.

Q. Do you cook often?
Kristin
A. I make a mean bowl of cereal. I am around a 10 year old level in the kitchen. I know how to cook about 4 meals with slight variations so it looks like I know more. Everyone knows better then to call on me to bring a homemade dish to an event, I’m the chips, salsa and drink girl. Its pretty pathetic. 

Brianne
A. I love cooking, seriously love it. But that doesn't mean I'm good about making 3 meals a day at home. Staying consistant with cooking at home has been hard, especially this time of year! That is definitely one of my biggest goals. And surprisingly, I actually know how to make a healthy meal when we're home and I put the effort into it. 

Q. What do you think will be the hardest part?
Kristin
A. The hardest part for me will be sticking through long term and needing to cook more at home. I dislike cooking quite a bit and feel I have little time or desire to learn. Wahhhh. 

Brianne
A. Sheesh, everything! When it comes down to it I think the hardest thing for me will be the planning and thought that will go into it until it gets to a point where it's more normal. 

Q. Hobbies?
Kristin
A. Nature Journaling and reading. 

Brianne
A. Pretty much anything artsy/crafty I love! We always have a project or 2 going on over here. 

Q. What’s your worst habits?
Kristin
A. Eating when I’m not hungry, eating too much when I am hungry and choosing what sounds good instead of what IS good. 

Brianne
A. Running to grab food (fast food or restaurant) when I really just need to go grocery shopping… ugh, laziness!

Q.Who is most likely to give up first?
Kristin
A. Me for sure. I’ve become quite skilled at giving up in this area and on top of that Brianne has a competitive streak in her that will outlast me hands down.

Brianne
A. She's right, my competitiveness runs deep… but if I can't beat her I will surely take her down with me. 

Q. What is one awesome thing and one stinker thing about her?
Kristin
A. Just one of each? Okay, one awesome thing is that Brianne has and would do anything for me. She comes to my rescue at pretty much every level... from sewing the hole in my dresses armpit as I’m running out the door to a party all the way to taking my family into her home when I need 24 hour care because I was so ill. Thats pretty awesome. One stinker thing about Brianne is that she is a bit of a perfectionist. Though this does well for her in most areas of life there are times I want her to relax.  Just let the bow be crooked, let the wording be just “okay” , don't be concerned my closet is so disorganized or not worry about the shade of the paint color. Or maybe Im just wanting her to be lazy like me? Hmmmmmm.

Brianne
A. Hey now, Kris! But seriously, who likes a crooked bow?? This one is easy, Kristin actually IS awesome. She oozes happiness and joy. Even at her weakest moments she is focused on keeping Christ in the forefront of her mind. And I'm pretty sure there is a little 6 year old trapped in her that still adores things that are cute and miniature in size. This next part is much harder to answer. The first thing that came to my mind is that she's really hard on herself if she feels like she has let someone down or dissapointed them. That's probably what also makes her a great friend. 

Q. Why now?
Kristin
A. There are SO many reasons for this but the main one for me is that I just took my last dose of a prescription medication. I would love, if at all possible to heal my body through food and natural supplements. Don't get me wrong, I am so so grateful for modern science and medications available to us, Im not opposed to using them if needed. But, I also don't feel like I’ve given it my full effort for a long enough period of time to see if my body can do it on its own. 

Brianne
A. I've been wanting this for quite some time but always seem to fall short and slip back into bad habits. Having someone to drudge through this with made it so much more exciting.

Q. Do you have any medical conditions?
Kristin
A.  Yes. Im trying to decide how much I want to share about this part of my life on the internet, so Ill just say this for now.... After having a baby, enduring an infectious disease and multiple illnesses my body has never been the same. It has been a hard and vulnerable journey. I really have a lot to say on the topic so I hope I come to a place where I’m ready to share about it. 

Brianne
A. Oh so many. Where do I start? Earlier this year I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and 2 weeks later I had surgery to have it removed. Until I'm in the clear I am begin kept hyperthyroid so that my body will be less susceptible to growing thyroid cells. With that comes some pretty hefty side effects. 

Q. Can you ever imagine becoming a health nut?
Kristin
A. The thought of me becoming a health nut is hilarious. So no, I cant. If I ever post on this blog that I am “prepping meals for the week”, “working out regularly”, "waking up early" , “enjoying a new recipe” or “growing Kombucha” I will be utterly shocked.

Brianne
A. That would be amazing and part of me would love that. But really I'll be ecstatic if in 6 months from now I'm still making progress and seeing changes! 

9 comments:

  1. I love this. :) Kristen, I've been following your Instagram for a long while, now. (Can't recall where I spotted it the first time...) I'm looking forward to reading both of your entries. I always appreciate other people's sharing of vulnerabilities because we all have them! I look forward to being inspired. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just wonderful, girls!! You are inspiring and your honesty is appreciated. Keep up the good work! :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to reading all about your journey! I too was diagnosed with thyroid cancer earlier this year and am on my own journey to better health. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that. Did you have to have it removed?
      -B

      Delete
  4. This is saweet! Can't wait to see how you two girls attack this. Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You girls are the sweetest! I look forward to reading this. Just so you know, it's gonna take A LOT of motivation to get me up and moving. Soooo….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara! How is your adoption coming along (I hope I'm talking to the right Sara)? Also, being as healthy as you can be for your hubby and baby is all the motivation you need. hehe :)
      -B

      Delete
  6. The question about whether you ever see yourself being a health nut made me laugh. My sister has lost 140 pounds. If you had asked her the same question 2.5 years ago she would have laughed in her face. She now is a health nut. Her hobby is visiting Whole Foods, Native Sun and Fresh Market and finding new things to try. She also preps her food for the week on Sundays. Sometimes it overwhelms her but it clears her mind to know her food prep is complete.

    ReplyDelete