Sunday, December 15, 2013

Public Embarrassment Needed...

What do you do when you have attempted a healthy lifestyle but always seem to fall back into the same rut? Well, you grab a friend and put it on the internet, because obviously public embarrassment is needed. This is our messy, scary, intimidating, downright embarrassing, and somewhat overwhelming attempt at changing something that feels impossible to change. Reality is we're not even sure we can do it… And the bowl of Top Ramen we're in the middle of eating definitely isn't helping the problem.

Three biggest things on our minds
  • Health- trimming down would be icing on the cake but when it comes down to it, improving our daily habits is our goal. A healthier gut and a clearer mind!
  • Balance- we're wives, friends, involved with our church and homeschooling moms.  Extra time is something we don't have much of these days. But we also believe there has to, there must be, a way to balance a busy schedule and a healthy lifestyle… without becoming obsessive.  Right? 
  • Approach- Set your bar looooow people. Don't expect miracles or pictures of us in sports bras. We've tried so many different things and there are many opinions out there. We want to do this in a way that will stick… more then 2 weeks. Baby steps. 
We've been friends for a long time, get along like an old married couple and are willing to be as honest as we can without embarrassing our husbands. We both share a lot of the same struggles but we also have our own junk to figure out.


Comments, suggestions and discussion is totally welcome... but no meanies. 
This is a drama free zone and mean comments will be deleted.

13 comments:

  1. I am so excited about this blog! We are moving on January 1st, and my plan after that is to practice clean eating and start cutting the junk out of my family's diet. It had been baaad around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited to follow along on your journey here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I will join in too.....geesh. I am a tough one and sometimes a meanie so suck in that bottom lip and get Kombucha'in.


    ReplyDelete
  4. My tip (what's been working for me, most of the time) is to try different kinds of training/workouts/sports until you find something that you actually enjoy. Then try to do that a lot and you'll don't have to change your eating habits so much, 'cause that's the hardest to change I think, and not so much fun.
    Hope you'll find som exercising that you like! Good luck!
    (And also, I think, maybe you need to change som blog settings so that anyone can comment on your posts.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm right there with you guys! I'm currently in the process of trying to heal my guts. I have eczema which is a sign that they are surely not in the condition they should be. First things to go will be dairy and gluten. Agh! The hardest ever. I'll be trying not to cheat too often. Ha. Also, I will have to humbly disagree with Josephine. They say health is 80% what you eat and only 20% exercise. So, you guys are on the right track! Tim Ferris published a book called The 4 Hour Body that details that whole concept. I'll be following along with you guys and hopefully 2014 will be the year for healthy guts :) Oh and I think adding good stuff at first is way easier than cutting out bad. If you add enough good it will start crowding out the bad automatically. Xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If only we could cut out food like cutting out cigarettes...*sigh* This is battlefield for me, all out war in my soul..and that is embarrassing. I too have thought about public embarrassment for motivation & accountability, but way too much reputation to hold on to there. I mean if people really knew?! Haha;) Way to go, pave the way, bare your guts... you just might give the rest of weenies some courage to fight in the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I demand bikini pictures!! Just kidding. Excited to join you. We went local last year this time and I haven't lost a pound ( ok, maybe gained a few) but my gut us happy. My mind is always a little cloudy though...

      Delete
  7. Excited about this blog! One website I've found super helpful in just the last 6 months is greensmoothiegirl. Lots of good resources. I started incorporating smoothies into my diet everyday (with GREENS in them, crazy, but you can hardly taste then) and am noticing some differences already. It's the best/easiest way for me to get the max amount of fruits and veggies into my diet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys CAN do this!! 5 years ago, my diet consisted of fast food and hamburger helper. Some days I would make a bag of chocolate-chocolate chip cookies, lick a ton of the batter & eat the rest of the cookies for dinner...and that was my food for the day!!!

    Now we shop at a farm and a food coop (and Trader Joes), and I cook almost every single meal at home. It's a COMPLETE lifestyle change...sometimes I cannot believe how far I've come.

    My BIGGEST advice: FOLLOW YOUR JOY! Find healthy options that you LIKE. And then just make small changes to pursue the things you love that make you feel good.

    And, let's face it, the REAL reason we want to be healthy is to steward our bodies well so that we can enjoy them more. God saved our souls, He will give us new bodies when we are resurrected..."getting healthy" is not about FIXING ourselves or achieving an ideal or some sort of perfection. God is perfect. Jesus died so that he could set us free to enjoy his life. So keep that in mind when you feel like you are "failing"...being healthy isn't a score card. It's just a thing. It's a thing we are called to, so that we can more fully enjoy the life God has blessed us with.

    "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold the new has come." 2 Cor 5:17

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so excited to follow you gals on this journey! Thanks for being so open.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to see both of your Journeys! I see a lot of myself in what you both mentioned here and in your second blog. I love y'all ^_^ I'm happylittlehomemaker on IG btw teehee

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just wanted to say Erin's post was great! Thank you Erin for reminding women that diet doesn't make us it helps us. Your post was spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Andro Testo Pro The need for creams hanging weights Male Enhancement and other esoteric methods are not only strange and potentially dangerous they are also finally completely obsolete and unnecessary.

    http://tiny.cc/AndroTestoPro

    ReplyDelete