Sunday, December 29, 2013

Good News & Bad News

Which one do you want first, the good news or the bad news? Let's go with the bad news first, it'll give you something to look forward to… I ate nachos tonight. It was semi-intentional and I don't feel bad about it, but I sure am paying for it now, my tummy feel like I ate an elephant. Now the good news, I just did my last work out for the week (even with the elephant in my tummy) and this officially marks 2 weeks of no caffeine and very little sugar and wheat. Yea! And to be completely honest, I haven't felt this "normal" since before my surgery in April. Part of me is shocked that all of these changes are really helping.


In other news, Kristin and I are talking about planing a few monthly posts that we'll write together, writing those first two posts together was too much fun! Another thing that has surprised me along the way is how much writing this blog is keeping me accountable. I want to share the good with the bad, but I've also found myself passing on having something because I don't want to have to write about it. Seriously! I surely didn't want to work out tonight, my tummy hurts, my legs are SO sore, but there was no way I wasn't going to finish this week of exercises.

Lastly, can we talk about the crazy sugar cravings I'm having (Kristin's getting it too), wowzers! I'm pretty sure I'm in full on detox mode over here. I've thought about cookies about 20 times a day for the last 2 days, not sure why my cravings seem to be specific to cookies but that has been my number one urge. I may try a healthier cookie recipe this week, see if it does the trick.

-Bre

1 comment: