Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Working out is bitter sweet...

Working out is bitter sweet for me, but mostly bitter right now. 98% of the time I do not feel like doing it. In my mind its a battle of thinking of every "justifiable" reason I need to skip that day. There is no doubt I will have justifiable days or seasons to skip but none of them were this week, so I didn't. I still managed to complete week one of our 30 day work out challenge! Its a plan where you work out 5 out of 7 days for 10-30 minutes. What I love and hate about it is that it leaves me with no excuse. Its free, its short and I do it at home.

My little white board sure helps me!


Bitter : #1. When the instructor says "be light on your toes" he has got to be joking. Nothing about me exercising feels light. For some reason I feel like a tractor trying to jump of any kind when I exercise. #2. In general i have rhythm and like to dance but when I'm doing some of these sessions I feel like I'm as loppy and uncoordinated as can be. It is quite the comic relief at times. I might just need to do a short video clip of me working out to show you..... it would be completely embarrassing and hilarious but it would be a reality check of what a very normal out of shape person looks like when trying to exercise! Dare Me? #3. When I'm done, I'm not cute like lots of video girl instructors. I'm greasy, red like a tomato and normally fall on the floor for a bit.



Sweet: #1. I love that my girls like to do it with me, they "follow along" by my side and I think its cute :) #2. About 30 minutes after I exercise I FEEL SO GOOD! Its like it stirs up everything and makes my body feel awake.  #3. I get really stoked that I just got done doing something I didn't feel like doing, but did it anyways. #4. I know its good for me and is helping aid my body do what it needs to do to keep me balanced.




If I'm being honest....working out is one of the things I can picture me quitting when I don't have to blog about it anymore. Just knowing myself and my past ways. But I do have a sliver of hope. I have hope that during this time where I'm accountable to the blog and Brianne that I will create a habit of this being a part of my life. I also hope I will feel the benefits in my body enough to not make me want to stop! We will see.....


- Kristin

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE your honesty! Thanks for sharing Kristin. I hope to make some changes soon. Wrong or right, I want to enjoy tonight first and hopefully see some changes in 2014. Happy New Year to you and thank you and Bre for this blog. I'm a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, if you continue to work out regularly, your body will actually crave exercise. Trust me! I started working out a year after I had Matthew and went from puking in the parking lot of the gym after my first session with a trainer to working out 5 days a week. You might take breaks here or there and they might even last a few months, but your body will pick it up much easier when you start again. Thanks for inspiring me to get back in to it! I got my third workout in for the week this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Started doing the 30 day challenge today. feeling good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am the saaaaaame way! i've been doing jilian michaels yoga meltdown and i LOVE yoga but some days i just really dont want to do it. i have a bajillion other things i want to do...or not do. day TWO tomorrow! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started the 30 day challenge today because of you ladies! You guys are such an inspiration! Thank you for sharing HASfit! :):)

    ReplyDelete