Thursday, December 26, 2013

My Favorite Easy Dinner

Since I'm still recovering from Christmas, and enjoying my time with my husband while he's on vacation, I wanted to post something quick and easy. First thing that came to my mind was my favorite roast chicken recipe, appropriately named "The Best Roast Chicken You'll Ever Have" by Caitlin Van Horn from Roost. This roasted chicken is by far one of the most commonly made recipes in our home, and considering I almost always like trying out new recipes vs. remaking the same ol thing you know a recipe is really yummy when I've made it a dozen times. 

What makes this chicken so special? Maybe it's the blend of herbs, or the use of a free rage chicken (I got mine at Trader Joe's), or the simple reminder to dry your chicken thoroughly before cooking it to make sure the skin gets crispy and doesn't steam. All I know is that it's good, and easy, and worth making! 
photo by Caitlin Van Horn
You can visit A Cup Of Jo for the recipe where Caitlin was a guest and shared that recipe. You should also check out Roost where you can find some beautiful food photography and more of her really great recipes. 

Quick side note… Having you children work along side you in the kitchen when they're young is usually more work then it is help, often takes more time, and requires a special set of patience, but the rewards that come from what they learn far outweighs all of that. I have to remind myself of this often, especially when I'm rushed or tying to get a quick meal made. But this is one of those life skills that is kinda a biggie. And since I really want my girls to be comfortable in the kitchen and grown up making healthy choices, I'll keep them helping me when possible. On Christmas Eve my daughter and I made pumpkin pie, she made the filling while I rolled out the dough. It took a while for us to get to this point but now that we're here I sure do love it.


Anyone else doing the HASfit's 30 day? I did day 3 work out tonight and OUCH, the good kind of ouch. Tonight also marks my first time doing any sort of kickboxing and it was definitely harder then I expected. 

-Brianne

No comments:

Post a Comment