Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Day - Reporting In

I have to admit, I'm a wee bit giddy about how eating went today. I truly feel like I found a balance for holiday eating that was still very enjoyable. I feel it was very much in the spirit of Brianne's last post.

I was a bit more careful with how much food I put on my plate and drank water instead of soda like I normally would have. I wanted to be able to enjoy the homemade goodies family made so I ate a sliver instead of full pieces of each.

I felt wonderful. I felt in control. I felt like I was able to enjoy the best of everything but in proportion.... balance! For the first time I can remember on Christmas evening...my tummy feels light and happy :)

Also, Im learning that my girls might be the best exercise accountability partners ever! As I mentioned on Instagram, me and Brianne are doing a Hasfit 30 day workout. Its free online and 10-30 minutes long, 5 days a week. When we got home from our long day of visiting family they said "lets work out mama, it will be fun...we have time". I told them I was tired and didn't want to and that I would pick up tomorrow. "But mama, we can do it and laugh and we have time!" They actually talked me into it and we totally laughed! Ya see, I had to do this down right mean thing called a Plank ... I made weird sounds cuz I thought i was gonna die for a quick moment. Thats no joke, that Plank thing.



Over all today was very encouraging. I really hope I can do it again at our next holiday gatherings.... minus the plank thing.

How did you all do!?

P.S. Random note - The other thing I liked a ton about the balance I found today is that it didn't cause attention. No one probably even noticed I was being purposeful about what and how much I was eating. Unlike other times when I tried something very extreme or restrictive.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
-Kristin

2 comments:

  1. I am always really self-conscious about people knowing I'm dieting, so I can totally relate to the not wanting people to notice thing.

    ReplyDelete

  2. I'll bet this you'll never really understand my ass covering words in respect to Vidhigra. I deducted this from Vidhigra.
    https://goo.gl/XVkuXd

    ReplyDelete