Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year! Making Resolutions

Something about it being a new year makes me get ambition and start setting lofty goals and resolutions. I do it almost every year, it's fun and gets me excited about trying something new and it will sometimes even get me motivated to do thing I've put off for so long. I remember last year my goals consisted of things like reading certain books, travel plans, working out more often… There were other resolutions on the list but I don't remember them, and sometime over the last year my list got thrown away. Oops. This year instead of making a bunch of resolution and setting goals I'm just going to work on sticking with what I have already committed to doing, I know that will be easier said then done at times.

I had to go to the grocery store today and since it was New Years day I thought I'd try a couple new things.  First up, since I'm now on a quest to find natural sugar substitutes I thought I would try this organic coconut palm sugar from Sprouts Market, I heard Five Chicks Wellness mention it on Instagram one time. I also just ordered Dandy Blend which is a coffee and tea substitute that is caffeine free, I'll try my new coconut sugar in that. When you give up pretty much every beverage except water you get really excited about stuff like dandelion herbal beverages. I'll keep you posted!


Next up is Kaboucha. Yep I said it, and if you google image this stuff it looks like the most disturbing drink ever made. I know people healthier and smarter then me that convinced me to give this a try (thank you Katie and Bonnie!). It's been around forever (the original stuff, not the fancy ones I got) and the ancient Chinese called it the "immortal health elixir". It's supposed to be great for detoxification, helps your gut and digestion, immune booster, and many other things. I'm not quiet ready to make it myself at home, for now I'll start with these handy pre-made ones from Sprouts (even though it's way  cheaper to make it).


I'd love to hear if anyone else out there drinks kombucha and if you've noticed any improvements from it. Happy New Year to all!

-Brianne

6 comments:

  1. I'm sure it doesn't have all the same benefits, but sometimes I drink some diluted apple cider vinegar with lemon. It helps detox and it's cheap. I kind of gives me an afternoon energy jolt too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I heard that's a great combo too! I've been wanting to try that too. :)
      -B

      Delete
  2. Have you started drinking this? Is it like supplement? How's the taste?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's supposed to be really good for you, know as a "cure all". I just started drinking it so I can't really say it's done any good yet but I have several friends that aware by this stuff. It's supposed to be a good probiotic and immune booster.
      -B

      Delete
  3. You inspired me to buy the Organic Coconut Palm Sugar instead of artificial sweeteners and I'm loving the switch! The organic coconut palm sugar is just as sweet and more satisfying. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exciting! I'm glad you liked it, i was surprised with how much I enjoyed it. :)

      Delete