Thursday, January 16, 2014

Farmers Market

You know the saying "when it rains, it pours", well this week has been pouring on me. Without getting into too much personal detail (since it's nothing to do with me specifically), lets just say that I've been more then a little distracted. I haven't entered the grocery store all week which means we're scrounging for meals around here and having to eat out more then we've had to in the last month. It's just one of those weeks where all of that comes second because there are far more important things to take care of.

Today I took the morning to enjoy a few hours with my girls. We hit up the farmers market and bookstore, it was a nice distraction and just what we needed. I go to many different farmers markets in the Orange County area, depending on the day I can go is what decides where I end up going. If you're local you can check out this list for all of the different markets. If you don't live in Orange County I'm sure you can google your county and find local farmers markets too. If I had to pick just one favorite I'd say it's the Laguna Beach market on Saturday mornings. It's close to shops and cafes that you can grab a bite to eat at, and they have good venders. There is a guy that sells grass fed beef, and the olive oil people sell a really yummy unfiltered olive oil that I love to use in salad dressing recipes. Sometime soon I'd like to do a more detailed post on shopping at the farmers market, what I buy and don't buy, stuff like that.


This is what we ended up going home with along with a bottle of balsamic vinager that didn't make it into the photo. We mostly picked up some basics, along with a couple dips from the hummus guy and a bag of lemons to make lemon aid… it's supposed to be in the 80's for the next week so lemon aid seems just right.


Speaking of the hummus guy, he had me try this dip. It's a delicious combination of feta cheese, sun dried tomatoes and pesto, and it's amazing. I'm going to make grilled chicken and squash tacos on corn tortillas and use to spread on the inside of the tortillas. I'll probably try making this from scratch next time, but it's nice to have it already done and ready to go this week!


We went home and sat around the table and chatted while enjoying our new treats. It was exactly what I needed, and exactly what they needed. 


This is always a good reminder, I hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

Lamentations 3:22-23
22 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; 
his mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment