Monday, January 20, 2014

Hiking Counts As My Workout, Right?

Today we decided we had enough of the 80 degree winter we've been having and headed up to the mountains…. (almost) 2 short hours later and we were surrounded by trees, beautiful mountains, clear skies, and crisp fresh air. I know that driving 2 hours for an afternoon in the mountains sounds crazy but it was the exact thing we all needed. We hiked around, climbed over rocks to get to a waterfall, and we even found tiny patches of ice for the girls to pretend ice skating on (because in California frozen water on the ground it downright exciting). It was pretty great and I needed the reminder that 50 degree days do exist places. 


Once we got home I reluctantly did my planks for the day, I'm up to 1 minute. Let me tell you, planks are really stepped up a notch when you've been hiking all day, that was a tough one! You can read about our planks challenge here, we're on day 10 but I'd love for you all to join in, we're just getting to the hard stuff now! Anyways, after the planks I tried to convince myself that I didn't need to do my workout because we were so active today. Under normal circumstance I totally think hiking is an excellent workout, but since I'm trying to finish off our 30 day challenge strong I sucked it up and did the 15 minute exercise. Little did I know that there would be about 3 more minutes of planks thrown in there, ouch!! That was pretty crazy and I got my buns kicked for sure. But in the end I was really happy that I did it, not because the workout was necessary today, but because I committed to doing this and I want to stick with it.

I can't believe it's already been over a month since we started, that's pretty exciting! We have another Q&A planed for this week so keep an eye out. 

-Brianne

No comments:

Post a Comment