Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Vanilla Bean Coffee Creamer

I wanted to try this recipe to add into my Dandy Blend in the morning because I'm a big fan of flavored creamer!

The recipe is from Against All Grain cookbook :)

Ingredients

*1 cup almond milk
*1 cup coconut milk
*2 tablespoons of honey
*2 tablespoons of maple syrup
*1 vanilla bean

Method:

1. Place the first 4 ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a low boil, and then remove from heat.

2. Split the vanilla bean down the middle and scrape out the seeds. Place the seeds and bean in the milk, then cover and let steep for 30 minutes.  (Yes, I had to watch a you tube video on how to do this) 

3. Strain and bring to room temperature before covering and storing in the refrigerator for later use.


It has a good taste to it and I think it is a great alternative if you are not having dairy. But, I am not avoiding dairy because it doesn't seem to bother me and I don't have much in my diet anyways.  Being the case, I still much prefer the texture and taste of cream. So i made the best of both worlds!!

In a glass jar I simply added:

* 1 cup of half and half
* 1 tablespoon of honey
* 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
* 1 vanilla bean

I mixed them together skipping the saucepan and steeping part and holy cow was that good! I'm stoked! I have a super yummy little sidekick to add into my morning drink! 


P.s. we moved on to a 45 second plank today and I shook the whole way through! I cant imagine making it passed 1 minute! 

-Kristin


2 comments:

  1. I was drinking my coffee this morning wishing for fancy delicious creamer which I have up a long time ago cause it's all oil. Anyway, I suddenly remembered your Instagram about this post and was like HOLLA. Can't wait to try this!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete