Saturday, January 11, 2014

Today was kinda hard....

I don't have much insight today... it was just hard. Nothing healthy I had at home sounded good and the last thing in the world I wanted to eat was a salad. Iv been craving salads, but not today. Not one bit. I needed to go grocery shopping so I didn't have many other options.

The thing that helped me get through that hump was thinking about all the people who would dream of such a meal. I was, in my heart, complaining that all I had to eat was salad and it was the LAST thing I wanted to eat when there are people hungry without any options at all. That might sound a bit dramatic but that's where my mind went. I tried to change my heart about it and just be thankful I even had a meal to eat and a grocery store I could go to later to restock more options. I wish my heart was filled with contentment at all times. Once again, this journey is working on me in more areas then just my bodily health.



I needed to work out today and I didn't want to AT ALL! We are finishing our 3rd week of working out and I think the initial excitement about it ALL wore off this afternoon. Inside I felt like a 3 year old stomping my feet whining "i don't want to i don't want to!!!!" I was not going to and then I got almost upset at my easily defeated spirit. Against everything I was feeling I stopped trying to talk myself into doing it and just did it. Why is it so hard? Its only 15-30 minutes of my life! Why do I fight against it so much?

I have learned that when I don't want to work out the most is when its the most satisfying when I'm done. I didn't just work out, I pulled through doing something I didn't feel like doing. Not being swayed by my bad/old habits or moment of weakness is something I am so grateful for. It doesn't always work out that way, but today it did!

Sorry if this post is a bit of a downer, just being honest about part of this messy little road to health!

Kristin

3 comments:

  1. Your post was in no way a downer. Its an encouragement to read how grace works in even these things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such good perspective, love reading these posts ladies! i'm starting...monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo for making yourself accountable to the world! ;) I’m constantly working on my healthy lifestyle. A great motto I strive for, Excuses or Solutions. We can either accept our excuses or find solutions. I prefer the later, not always easy but definitely more rewarding!

    ReplyDelete