Friday, January 10, 2014

Crazy Cravings

It amazes me how some days I can think about iced tea, coffee, or a slew of other things endlessly. Even after weeks of being caffeine free I will still crave it and bad. I don't think I'm craving the caffeine as much as the experience of grabbing a cup on the way to church, or getting an icy cold coffee drink before heading to our weekly homeschool group. Some days are better then others. One day I will think about it nonstop, the next day it won't even cross my mind. I guess my body has been in such a habit of having it that it's going to take quite some time to get used to my new normal. The biggest thing I have been trying to do is not giving in when I'm craving it. Instead I just tell myself that I'll have it the next day if it still sounds good… of course I usually have a bit more willpower the following day and won't have such a stung urge.

I like how much self control I'm being taught through this, but the reality is that it can be hard. I have some bad habits that I'm trying to break and some are easier to to shake then others. I haven't been in a drive thru in weeks, that was an easy one to give up since we would go mainly for convince. But other things like Starbucks stops and desserts I tend to miss a lot more… Speaking of desserts, I never really considered myself a big sweets person, but let me tell you something, as soon as I took took the option of having them off the table my desire for them was kicked up a notch! Talk about the forbidden fruit syndrome!


I really like the idea of saving my splurging for when it really counts, like the dinner I had last week with some good friends at Pizzeria Mozza… mmmm worth every single bite!

Oh great, now I want pizza, and fried cauliflower, oh and some butterscotch bunion.  Goodnight.


-Bre

No comments:

Post a Comment