Friday, January 24, 2014

Our First Planking Video TOGETHER!

Once I started excising a bit I realized that I would need a bit more workout equipment. Up till now I've had an exercise mat and a set of 5 pound weights. I've been trying to be resourceful (and cheap) and use my 5 pound weights for everything, but I was doing some punches and hurt my muscle, so I decided it was time to get my own little set of weights. After doing Jillian Michaels first video I noticed she had a set of 3 weights in a nifty little storage tray. After a quick google search I came across this set at Walmart for only $35, weights can be quite pricy so this seemed like a really fair deal. The set comes with 3 lb, 5 lb, and 8 lb weights. I don't have goals of getting buff or extra muscular so I shouldn't need anything over 8 lbs, I really like the idea of lean muscles but we'll see how things go as time goes on!


Yay!! I finally figured out how to get longer videos on here, that only took me a week. So here you have it our 1.5 minute plank in all its glory. There are countless things that are totally embarrassing about this video but we also had so much fun doing this together. I'd also like to say a big "thank you" to One Republic for this perfect planking song… good beat, fast melody, and catchy enough to keep you distracted while you sing along. 


We move up to 2 minutes on Sunday, I'm so curious to see how this goes. How is everyone else doing on your planks?

-Brianne 

5 comments:

  1. You guys are doing great! Planking is hard for me even when I'm working out with crazy weights. I've never gone past a minute so imagine me giving you a high five right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High five! Got it! Thanks!! We are up to 2 minutes now and it is SOOOOO hard!

      Delete
  2. Love the video! This actually makes me want to try the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are so cute. Hahah

    ReplyDelete